Yesterday i had the option of going with a bunch of my really great friends for a bike ride, or stay home and work. If i hadn't been in such a time crunch on a project, i would have raced there. Because I had so much work, and little time, i could only opt for a few laps around the lake.
I couldn't ask for a last ride, then yesterday, for February. A little chilly, tiny bit of wind, but sunny and glorious. My stamina is not very good, and i struggled, but overall, i felt pretty good. Then it hit me. This was the last ride for two months.
Two months is nothing, right? But in the world of me, it's an eternity. Ask any active person even two weeks off is the kiss of death.
Riding solo is an introspective sport. You have a lot of time to think. Think about where you are, where your going, and whom your going with.
I am guessing, that cycling may release some what is that called..oxytocin? The love enzyme? into my blood stream. Because i feel the same high i feel when cycling, as when i meet that really cute guy. When i cycle, i love everything lol. It's an incredible feeling. I don't get that with running.
To know I wont feel that for two months, is heartbreaking. But, this surgery is to fix something that's been pretty wrong for a couple of years. Imagine what i can do, when i feel good?
When i got home, i cleaned my bikes, oiled their chains, put them away with tarps to protect them. I don't need to be seeing them in the corner of my eye when i recoop. It's bad enough I can hear them whisper to me when the weather is good.
So, here i go into the fray. I apologize for the next two months of blogging, which prob wont be very pretty.
Clear, calm happy skies my dear friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.