The beauty of White Rock Lake is the path/road that offers a somewhat safe haven for running and cycling at pretty much all hours.
AS soon as i enter the lake, i have three things on my mind to watch out for...cars, peds and riders.
Riders. Yeah, they're some real trunk monkeys out there. Lets start with last night's folly. Around 5:30 my pal reported a rider flying thru a traffic control, turning left from La Vista onto West Short. She almost nails him w/ her car. She rolled up to him, and let him know he almost was roadkill, when he proceeds to cuss HER out. So, here's a rider APB, if you see this douchebag with a navy jersey and "240" written on the back of his jersey, let him know he compromises everyone's safety by acting like a toolbox.
I like to imagine conversations with idiots like this "Hey, have you smuggled cocaine in your ass across state lines? No? Why?" "Because it's illegal" "SO IS RUNNING TRAFFIC CONTROL Butthole". Last time i checked, they're arent any signs under stop signs that say "only 8-5", so the excuse "well no one's around at 3:30 am" doesn't cut it. Someone might be, and that someone could be a cop. It's a $200 fine, and they DO endorse it. Don't be an ass.
And here i go again...my same old RANT...
Runners:
I hate to keep complaining about the obvious, but you GOTTA wear some lights or at least, reflective clothing. IF you wear black shorts, and dark shoes, I CAN'T SEE YOU! And neither can other riders. You will eventually get hit.
I don't want to hit you..with my bike. I'd like to torpedo your junk to get the point across. But, I am not a violent person, so the best i can do, is give you a quick verbal lashing. I'm sure even that gets lost in the wind.
I've also noticed that if i say "on your left", i'm lucky i don't get the finger. Most of the time, i don't even get an approbation of any kind. So, i've decided on a different course of action. I now say, at an early hour, "Good morning". General rules of civility prompt a response of similar reposte, which is good. They know i'm coming, and they're first instinct isn't to jump in my path.
I also want YOU to know, that as much as i bitch at the wankers who believe their the shuffling road ninja's, i also praise good behavior. I lady not only had lights on her head, but on her dog as well. I had to giggle at what the spot light had to look like on the ground, but it was effective nonetheless! Even a reflective stripe on some shorts got a verbal thumbs up.
And before i leave you pondering how you Run, or Ride, if you yell at a cyclists as they pass you by, the most they'll hear is "hey You blah blah blah". You get about two words to yell back at me, so make em count. Telling me a story is only going to entertain the dog lady walking next to you.
Groupon just announced some discounted Lipo, so i need to go check that out.
Clear Skies!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.