Thursday, February 11, 2016

Curves

I've faced the fact, I will never be a tiny, petite girl.
I have curves and I have some hips that wont quit.
Ever since i turned 13, I've had to battle weight.

Tom Hanks is my hero. His tag line on Twitter
"Sometimes I'm in shape, sometimes, I'm not, that's life".

My boyfriend is the most supportive man in the world
When I'm at my darkest hour he will continue to say,
"cut yourself some slack, concentrate on getting faster or riding longer".

Well, I am here to stand up for us somewhat chubby girls.
Those of us who see pictures of us riding and cringe at immediately looking at our legs.
Those of us who can NEVER wear leg or knee warmers without looking like we have four butts.
Skinny jeans are something we only wear under a shirt or sweater long enough to our knees.
Spandex shorts are, unfortunately, a way of our life. The dramatically enhance every genetic flaw that i have.

Yesterday, i was getting ready for my ride, when Ellen D was on tv.
A 23 year old singer was a guest, talking about self image.
She had posted nude for Vanity Fair, with no makup or, as she claims, no touch ups to her skin in production or post.

She looked great. She has a 23 year old, thin body.

Hollywood, she said, impacted her in her "youth" and she suffered from eating disorders, but wants to tell ladies to "love their curves".
 She didn't have that many curves.  But i appreciate the effort.

Our obsession with the skeletal skinny has always been out of control, meanwhile, those of us with pear shaped bodies, who tried dieting away our thighs, have to come to the same conclusion that I have.  We will never have pencil thin bodies...without surgery or serious augmentation.

But is that soo bad?  My boyfriend was an international model in his 30s.  He talked about how he was always told that his hips were too big, and finally when he quit worrying about his size or weight, he focused on being a stronger athlete.

When you start getting into your 50s, as a women, we suffer from many changes. They're not fair. If you started out with a challenge, well Hello, the 50's will kick your ass.  You'll start thinking that "remember when i was 23 and thought i was so fat?...I'd kill for that body now."

Moral? It will get worse.  But, it can also get better.

Exercise.  Exercise is the magic bullet.  Whatever you do, even if it's walking 3 miles 4-5x a week, is huge.

Last year, I was getting my annual exam and they had to do a sonogram to check some innerds.  The tech said...see this HUGE artery here?..."Hell! What is that?".  All i could think of is having another surgery.  She just laughed "this is indicative of an athlete. You only get this when your innerds are strong and healthy."

Beautify does go below the skin.  Imagine your heart.  If you work out, your heart is not surrounded by layers of fat, choking it out, even though you might have some bigger thighs and saggy skin above the knee.  And that's what matters.

So, Ladies, embrace your curves.  IF the boys don't like it, Fuck them.  If other girls make comments, it's only because they hate their own bodies, and want you miserable as well. Fuck them, too. Focus on your sport. Focus on ANYTHING That gets your blood pumping and muscles strong.  worry about your stupid jeans later. 

And remember..stretch stretch stretch and enjoy one of those thin mints. Life's too short to not eat cookies.

Clear Skies!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.